Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lazy Mom's Quiet Book

I love the idea of a quiet book, especially for Levi. (Who is NOT quiet in church) The problem is all the ones I was seeing involved sewing and elaborate construction. I'm honest enough with myself to know that Levi would be 13 before I ever got that done. (I'm so hoping, he'll grow out of needing a quiet book by then. Fingers crossed.) So, I took this idea I found on Pinterest for a super easy quiet book and ran with it. I think I managed to make it even easier. A laminator, scissors, card stock, and adhesive Velcro and you're in business. Here are my pages:
I let Levi decorate this page himself.






I'm planning to add more pages and I've also started one for Ellie, I'm pretty proud of it. Levi loved it and was very quiet at church while he was playing with it. (I wouldn't let him play with it until the part of church were quiet is necessary and then threatened to take it away if he was loud.) Steve thought the Velcro was too loud, but I think that's a more acceptable noise then my son's none stop jabber.
Thanks for reading

2 comments:

Shonya said...

What a great idea! I made a little quiet book for my kids with pictures of family members and animals (from the zoo and farm), but I like this idea a lot! Good job, mama!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Very fun. You did a good job...I might steal your idea! :) Velcro is way better than squacking kids in my book, so hook and loop away!