Friday, October 14, 2011

Buddy Bear

I made this cute cuddly bear for one of the Bunco girls. The pattern is from Lion Brand Yarn and can be found for free here. It's originally a bunny, I tried to modify the ears and make him a bear. I'm not sure how successful I was. His ears are wonky, but he is still very very soft and lovable.

The yarn is Bernat Baby Blanket. It's SO, SO soft and (bonus) washable.
I've made this pattern at least 3 times before and each time I have the same complaint: The head is too square. I must find a way to fix that. This yarn is bulkier then what I've used in the past and just highlights this problem.
Ellie loved him and would snatch him up every time he was within arms reach, I'm hoping that means this new baby will love him too. I think he will, the yarn is just so freaking soft. Seriously, if we had touch and feel computer screens you'd understand. It's nearly impossible not to snuggle this guy. He just begs to be rubbed up against your check.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Indeed he does beg to be snuggled. Kinda makes me want to suck my thumb. Great job!