Saturday, November 10, 2012

Finally Finished: Reversible Cable Keyhole Scarf Edition

I hate how it takes me FOREVER to finish knitting projects these days.  I tell myself when the kids are older things will settle down and I'll have all this free time.  I know it's a lie even as I try and convince myself, but for sanity purposes I'm choosing to believe it.  Anywho, Levi's scarf that I made him a couple of years ago was beginning to look like an ascot so I decided it was time for a new one.  Scarves for my kids is one of my favorite projects. It makes me feel like a super cool mom that my kids have hand knit scarves.  No one else ever really notices, but I feel cool and that's all that really matters right?


I wanted to do a keyhole scarf again, because I've decided they are the only way to go with little kids scarves.  No tying or twisting, just slip it through the hole and it stays in place. 

I used Caron Simply Soft because it is soft and machine washable, which makes my life easier.


You can't see the cable very well in the pictures, but I'm very happy with the results.  It looks good and very boyish.  The last pictures is a link to the pattern if anyone is interested.  I modified it by only casting on 36 stitches and doing a 12 stitch cable repeat.  I also did away with the edge stitches.

Thanks for reading.



No comments: