Friday, November 11, 2011

Stitches

Seriously irritated with blogger for the random picture rotation and uploading order. I'm sorry everyone, I don't have any idea how to fix it, so we're all just going to have to deal.

Moving on, I completed my very first real sewing project the other day. I made these receiving blankets for a girl I went to high school with who recently had a baby boy. I think they turned out pretty good and I can't wait for someone else to have a baby so I can make more.
I received blankets just like this when I had Ellie and I LOVE them. They are big and comfy and multi-funcional. They have been swaddlers, play mats, super hero capes, nursing covers......
I love the cowboy print. So cute.
I also made Itty Bitty Mittens, b/c baby lives in Colorado and his hands might get cold.
These are my first mittens and the perfect intro. if you ask me. Very easy, b/c they don't have a thumb hole.
Cute and very soft and warm.
I finally finished the cross stitch I've been working on of Eliana's name. I think it turned out so pretty.
I always kind of forget about cross stitch until I get to working on a project and then all of a sudden I have thousands of ideas of things to cross stitch. Then, inevitably, I finish a project and forget it again for a while. ? I don't know.
I've decided these make good 2nd birthday presents, for some reason. I made Levi's for his 2nd birthday, finished Kaitlyn's for her 2nd birthday, and will officially give this one to Ellie for her 2nd birthday. So, I have to get on my nieces sometime before May.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: