Friday, November 21, 2008

Yum!

All year long I wait for my favorite treat to become available at coffee shops. They either don't think people would by them all year or want to create anticipation, either way it's a bummer. After it does become available I try and make myself wait for the perfect cold day to indulge. These are frugal times and we don't have the extra money to be going to coffee shops everyday. So I wait patiently for just the right opportunity. Today was the day. It's cold, I have a cold and need some warm, sugary love. My husband, dear man that he is, stopped at lunch and got me a Carmel Apple Cider. It's so good. It's just what I need to brighten my dreary day. Thank you honey.
Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have worked at 2 different coffee shops in 2 different towns and they both made it the same way. If you want to make it at home: Heat up your Apple Cider (from a gallon that you can get at the grocery store this time of year) on the stove in a pan and add in either caramel syrup OR caramel ice cream topping. Stir until combined and allow to cook together for a short time to mesh flavors. It gives it too different textures and flavors. At the coffee shops we used ice cream topping, but if you like a tad lighter taste you might like the coffee syrup. :) Hope you can indulge some at home too.... :)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

AND WHERE DO YOU GET THIS DELICIOUSNESS AT?

Corin said...

Mug Shots Is where I got mine today. I think WA St Java has them as well. Hard to mess it up I'm guessing. I mean Apple Cider and Carmel, how could you go wrong.

Anita J. said...

Ooh that sounds yummy. We will have to try that.